Your help is needed in the fight to preserve the 1031. Congress is deciding now whether to overhaul tax rules to severely limit the benefits of 1031 like-kind exchanges, which would prevent many hardworking Americans from preserving capital and income that they depend on. Read below to learn how you can take action to protect American families from this devastating tax threat.
How you can help preserve the 1031 exchange:
- Fill out IPA’s form to send letters to your congressional representatives urging them to oppose restrictions on the 1031 exchange. It takes less than one minute to fill out. Click here: https://ipa.preservethe1031.com.
- Send IPA’s form to your contacts. To automatically generate an email draft that links to the form, click here.
- Attend your representatives’ town hall events. Over the next few weeks during Congress’s August recess, legislators will return to their home districts to hold town halls and other events. Please attend your representatives' in-person events and share your perspective on the importance of 1031 exchanges to your business and your clients. If you are unsure of who your representative is, you can look them up here.
- Contribute to the IPA PAC. Funding from the IPA PAC enables ongoing political outreach campaigns and personal meetings with key legislators about the 1031 exchange. If you would like to contribute, contact Anya Coverman at IPA to consider a donation to the IPA PAC: email@example.com.
- Educate others on the issue. Important studies about the potential economic impact of restricting or eliminating the 1031 exchange and educational materials can be accessed directly from IPA’s resource page. Click here: https://www.ipa.com/1031s/.